Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Steven's Flight and First Day

Dear Family,                                                                                                                             9/12/2012

Hello!!!  I miss you all so much!  I made it to the MTC safe and sound this morning around 8 AM, and since then it's just been busy busy busy!  Sao Paulo is so dense!  Buildings don't have any space between them and everything is gated.  I guess robbing happens a lot.  It's pretty ghetto, but it's also quite beautiful.  We were able to go out and explore for a little as a group, and it was cool.

Wow, this whole trip so far is a dream really.  I feel like I should be going home or something.  It's pretty stressful right now trying to jump into this whole new language and culture, and I'm definitely feeling very overwhelmed.

The plane rides went well.  I found some Elders to talk to but none were on my flight.  However, as I was sitting in my seat, a Sister Harrison boarded and sat next to me!  I was happy to talk to someone who was feeling how I was.  During my layover, we met up with a bunch of other Elders.  There was like 8 of us, and one Sister.  4 were going to Rio!  Here in the MTC, my companion is Elder Hawks from Moab.  He's in my mission too.  Hardly any of my district knows Portuguese, but all have Spanish experience.

We were supposed to write on this paper so that you also have my address and some other information.  That's my exact MTC address (on the front).

Well, I'm running out of paper and time, but I miss you all, and love you all dearly.  It's really hard here, but its amazing too.  I'm optimistic for things to get better.  Tell everyone hi and that I'm fine.  The church is true!

Love,
Elder Steven Bennett

P.S.  I'll email or write again (more) on my P-day!  I'm here for nine weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment