Monday, September 10, 2012

Adeus meus amigos!

Wow, here I am 12 hours away from being set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!  This is insane!!!  I am so pumped.  It has definitely been a great summer being home, but I am definitely ready to join my elder friends in the mission field. 

It has been a very stressful few weeks lately with getting all the mission stuff together, replacing carpet, visiting friends a few more times, etc.  We finished the carpet and the house by Friday, and I was able drive up to Logan one last time and go to one more AGGIE FOOTBALL game!  Man, what a game to be at.  I stormed the field as well.  Great great great last game to go to.  That will hold me for two years.  I was also able to visit some of my best friends and hang with them most of the night (literally!).  It almost felt like the old days of Freshman year up at USU.  Those were some great times, and I will never forget those who made it great.

Yesterday, I had my farewell, and I would say that it turned out a success!  My talk went well, and was timed beautifully to end right when sacrament ended.  We also had a good turnout at the luncheon after.  I was able to see some of my good friends one last time, and see some relatives that I haven't seen for a while.  I am grateful for everyone who came out and supported me.  You guys made yesterday very special.  I hope to see many of those people after my mission.

I am going to be set apart at 9 PM tonight.  Wow.   This will be the last post from me personally, but hopefully my mom will continue to put my letters up on here so anyone can read up on how I'm doing.

Well I love you all-- see ya in two!

No comments:

Post a Comment