Tuesday, August 26, 2014

:)

Hello Family,

Well, I had a few minutes to jump on the computer and use this email for the last time. I can't believe that my time has really come to return home. I will be writing in my journal the whole 13 hour planeride, expressing my feelings and the great experiences of the end of the mission. I sure feel strange, I will not lie. I am feeling so much happiness, but much sadness for have to leave my "second home" here in a couple days. My last official day was yesterday (Sunday), and today (Monday), the new transfers took effect. I am staying in Botafogo, and we are seeing all the sights. I am with five other missionaries... two with whom I arrived here in Brasil... Elder Hawks and Elder Viglione. They will be with us as we go through the temple on Thursday.
 
I want to leave you guys with just maybe my last testimony as Elder Bennett. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus lives and loves us... that He atoned for our sins and gave us the chance to return to Him. I know that there is no other path to salvation, except faith in Jesus Christ, daily repentance, keeping our baptismal covenants, following the whisperings of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end. This I have come to know personally. I have a personal testimony of this. I can testify that the Book of Mormon is true and changes the lives of all who humbly and diligently seek to know of its truthfulness. I will come home a changed person. Not because I have learned more key scriptures, or I learned how to work hard, or travel, but because I am returning with a personal testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. 
 
We will be seeing each other here in a little, but until then, I wish you all a wonderful week and much happiness. I love and miss you all so much. So much. What a wonderful day it will be to reunite with you guys once again. 

Until Thursday. :)

Com todo meu amor,
Elder Steven Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment