Monday, July 7, 2014

Ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts. (Doctrine and Covenants 29:7)‏

Hello!

Well hi once again! How is the wonderful Utah summer treating you all? My thoughts were turned to you guys on the 4th of July as I thought about the great traditions that go on. But, don't worry, just a few thoughts went to you guys. I am much too busy and focused on the work here... :) hahaha. Well I hope all is well. So, it looks like from the updates from home, Dad is doing great, Alisha is now a model, and her family is just about the most beautiful family that I have seen! They should be on a magazine or something... Hometown values... hahahah. Wow, Kai grows so fast! I will be getting home and I won't even be able to carry him! 

So this was quite the week. It was one tiring week as well. As I told you guys, we didn't have a P-day last week, so we are now 14 days working. Would you believe that today is not our P-day as well?? Brasil is just dominating in the world cup, and this mixes up our schedule a bit. Tomorrow has a game, so we will be working all day today, and our P-day will be tomorrow. If Brasil wins, they are off to the finals this Sunday. That game will be insane, especially because it will be here in Rio de Janeiro. I am about an hour bus ride from the stadium. That will be one interesting day of work. :) Anyways, as I said, last Monday, we had our Mission Counsel with President Cabral. Tuesday, my companion and I gave our Zone Training, and Wednesday, we had a mini-Zone Conference in Freguesia, about 45 minutes from our area. Many, many, meetings! It sure takes your energy away during these trips, but we are sure blessed with the wonderful feelings of the Spirit in the meetings. On Wednesday, the principles and teachings of the last two meetings were repeated once more so that the vision of the modern-day prophets and apostles are ingrained into our minds and hearts. As Mormon (or Moroni) taught, we learn through repetition. I am so grateful to be on the mission in such a glorious time in history. I am privileged to be a part of this work. A mission is such a valuable thing to me. I know that everything I learn here will help me for all eternity. 

I had a very special experience on Friday. We had received a reference on Thursday night, and Friday morning, we were off to contact this reference. We have been struggling to bring investiagtors to church, and many aren't progressing very well. We have been praying a lot to know what we could do different to have different results. As we contacted this reference, we found out that his name is Mike, and he is 21 years old. He invited us into his home, and we began talking with him and getting to know him. He went to church this last Sunday in another ward, for he was invited by a friend in his college. He loved the church. We taught him the Restoration, and he understood everything so well. The Holy Spirit touched us very strong during the First Vision, even to the point of bringing tears to my companion as he began to testify. In this moment, Mike told us that he was feeling very good, very light, and happy. We invited him to be baptized on the 19th of July, and he accepted. What an answer to our prayers! I know that the Lord looks after us, and blesses us when we are trying to do what's right. 

Well, I must be going. I love you all, and miss you all so much. I sent some videos to you guys because I forgot to send you guys birthday cards. I wish Mom and Dad a very happy birthday! I love you all so much, and I am so grateful for all you guys have done for me. I know that your great parenting helped me get to this point in my life. I am so grateful for you guys. Have a wonderful week!

Sincerely,
Elder Steven Bennett

Ps. I don't know exactly how, but I ended up with 3 suits. I have one that will fit Dad! If not, I will just have to become a little bit fatter and it will fit me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment