Monday, July 21, 2014

Persevere!‏

Hello!

Ah, once again, I have only minutes to write and tell you guys of the marvelous things going down here in the middle of nowhere. :) Here in Jardim Maravilha, it is actually very beautiful! Imagine Hunstville and Eden, on the other side of the mountain. That is how it is here in this part of Rio! It is so different from being in the city, with buildings and people running here and there. It sure is more humble here and I can see that the people are more open to our message. The chapel here is so beautiful, and the entire neighborhood uses it as a reference point. I am enjoying working here, and also, the Lord blessed me with a wonderful last companion and housemates (my last companion and I weren't the best together). I wish I could send photos, but this computer doesn't have the capacity of transferring photos from my camera. So yeah, that is a little bit about my life... oh ps. there are wild horses that roam on the streets... hahaha. There exists Brasilian horses in Rio? Yes. :) I also took the responsibility of teaching English to the public. Saturday, I taught my first class and boy was I nervous. There were about 50 people present. I tried to use my personality in teaching, and I was able to make everyone laugh a bit. Everyone left pretty happy, and a member who was present in the class, began telling everyone how great it was. So I am being kept pretty busy, and the Lord isn't letting me relax not one bit. Lately, I have been very, very tired. Not only because I have been on the mission for almost two years, but I haven't had a normal P-day for about 4 weeks. There was always a meeting, or transfer, etc. I have been trying to keep excited and happy, but there were a few times that were pretty difficult. I am excited for today. I will be able to relax a little and rest. :) We are also making a lunch at the chapel with some of the members, and playing volleyball.

I am working hard, and I know that the Lord is blessing me for this. I am not perfect... I am no where near perfect. I know that I still can do much more, but I am striving to improve each and every day. I know that the Lord knows the desires of our hearts, and my desire is to teach the Gospel to all. He gives me strength to do this even when I feel that I don't have the energy. I know that He gives me the capacity of doing this work. I hope you all have a wonderful week. Stay toasty there. Here at night, it gets so cold (60F)!!!! I use a sweater and a huge blanket to sleep. :) I am so Brasilian now. I love you all, have a wonderful week!

Sincerely,
Elder Steven Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment