Monday, January 13, 2014

Alma 30:44

Hello all,
 
My wonderful family and friends. Oh, I love you guys so much. :) How is everyone doing? Healthy? Cold? Safe? Hahah I sure miss the cold weather. I am sad to hear the news on Grandpa and his health situation. I am fasting and praying for him tons, and I hope that he will be able to improve. I think about him often. He will get better. Everything is according to the will of the Lord. That is something that I have learned here on the mission. Many times, it is hard to understand the Works of the Lord in our lives. Many times we wonder why certain things happen in our lives, even to the very best of people. However, as the scriptures speak, our thoughts are not His thoughts, and He is above all things, and knows all things. I know that whatever happens will be the will of the Lord, according to the plan that He has for Grandpa.
 
This has been a pretty good week, and as always, i am learning a lot. I love to write in my journal all of the amazing things that happen, but lately, I haven't had ANY time to write! I don't want to forget anything! Well, for all the things I forget, I will have to wait until we have a perfect rememberance of all things. :) This email will be substantially shorter because of time constraints, but I would like to share with you guys some feelings that I have had lately, mainly yesterday night. As I am here on the mission, I am able to truly see the truthfulness of the church, and the importance that this has in my life. Throughout this week, I have been Reading in Alma, and earlier this week, I read through Alma 30... for all you scripture wizzes, Alma 30 talks about Corihor, the anti-Christ, and how Alma was able to stop him in his evil preachings. Corihor talks about how crazy it is to believe in Christ, and that He would come to the Earth to take upon Him our sins, so that one day we could be free from our sins. To these things, Alma asked a very powerful question... What proof, or testimony, do you have that these things are not true? I am here with you, and I am seeing that you only have your word. Nothing else shows that you are correct. However, on my part (Alma), I know that there is a God, and that there will come a Savior to the world. I don't only have my word, but I have the testimonies of all the prophets of old, the scriptures, and even to the planet we live on, the stars, and planets. Everything bears testimony that there exists a great Creator that lives and loves us... who is our Heavenly Father... who sent His son, Jesus Christ, to take upon Him our sins and errors. How can we deny these testimonies. Last night, I was reflecting on these teachings as I looked to the star-lit night with a half-full moon. It was amazing, and I instantly began to feel the greatest feelings that these things are true. I thought about the church, the prophet, the Book of Mormon, and everything that the church teaches. I began to be strengthen EVEN MORE in my testimony that this is the one true church on the Earth. Not just any other church that was created in the last hundred years, or that was started by a pastor, but truly the church of Jesus Christ, restored on the earth by a prophet of God. I know without doubt that these things are true.
 
I love you all very much, and I am sorry for the shortness of the email, but I hope that all of you Reading can feel the sincerity of my words. I know that the church is true. If you have any shade of doubt in your mind about these things, get on your knees and ask our Heavenly Father, and He will show these things unto you through your sincerity and Faith. I hope all is well at home and that everyone is surviving the harsh cold weather in Utah. :) I cannot wait until next winter, where I will be FREEZING. It is something that I have come to miss! Have a wonderful week, and give my best to all. :) 
 
Sincerely,
Elder Steven Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment