Monday, August 12, 2013

Milagres!

Buenos dias,

Hello hello! How is all my lovely Americans doing? I am basically Brasilian now... maybe someday I will be American again. So first off, I would like to correct a little error I made last week. Here in Brasil, Father's Day is August 11.... In the United States, it was quite a while ago... haha.. Sorry about that, Dad. But, I still love you anyway, and you still are the greatest Dad ever! 

This has been quite the week. I have been super busy, and the days pass by like everyday is P-day. A week and a half ago, we received news that President updated our weekly goals, for the purpose of building our faith and our results. This change hit many people by surprise, because most missionaries have trouble accomplishing the goals we already had. Being completely honest, I was wondering how in the world we would accomplish this new feat. However, using the guidance of my Zone Leaders, we jumped into the world with new faith and motivation to accomplish these new goals. Throughout the week, I realized that we were teaching a lot more than in the past. We were always teaching people in houses or on the street. I was blown away by the end result of this week. Just the fact of raising our goals and working to accomplish them, our weekly results raised as well... and not just a little, but a lot! My testimony on obedience to the counsels of our leaders, and diligence, were strengthened. This was a week of pushing the boundaries of our work, and in doing this, we realized that our limits are without end. We can already work harder. There is no such thing as a limit to the work we do! 

I don't have tons of time to write today, but I am so happy to be here in Brasil doing this great work. We had many small miracles that happened this week-- and it is clear to me that we are being blessed for our work. I have been in this area for more than six months now. I have passed many experiences in this area, good and bad, and I can truly say that in these last few months, we have been able to improve many things here. I am grateful for the opportunity to pass this time here, and the things I have learned will continue with me for eternity. I don't know how much more time I will have here, but I will stay here as long as the Lord wants me to stay. This is also the last week of training for my little greenie, and to be honest, it will be a little sad saying goodbye to him if one of us is to leave. I will let you guys know the results of the transfer. 

I hope all is well at home, with family and friends, and I pray for you guys always. I know that this church is true, and there is a happiness in doing what is right. Sometimes, it seems to be the opposite, but as the scriptures say, wickedness never was happiness.... and never will be. :) Choose the right, and as I make you proud through my actions, make me proud through yours. I love and miss you all. I cannot believe that I reached 11 months on the mission. Now is the time to work even harder, and always improve. 

Have a wonderful week, and make good use of the little bit of summer that is left! :)

All my love,
 
Elder Steven Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment