Monday, April 22, 2013

Mais uma semana em Paraíso!

Hello hello!

It is always interesting looking back on another week after it has passed away. It passes so fast, but looking back, TONS of stuff happened, and makes it look like that week was a month. This last week was a very intense week, filled with goods and bads. I don't like to descibe the bads very often, but this week was just kind of funny. We will start with the bads just to get them out of the way quickly. :) So last Monday night, we began working just like the end of every other P-day. I realized that I was feeling really weird... the achy body again and a headache. I began thinking "NO! I am going to get a fever again!". We visited an investigator who had a baptismal date for yesterday, and he was drunk. It was a bummer, and as we taught him, I felt my body getting worse and worse. We finished the night out at Luciana and Alexandre's house (a family that we will baptize this new transfer!). While there, a fever started up. I was so confused because I had had a fever only like a week and a half before. That night, of course, was terrible, tossing and turning all night and feeling sick to my stomach. However, I woke up feeling fine. About twenty minutes into our morning exercises, I became quite sick again and had to go sleep for a while. I didn't want to stop working, so I dragged myself out of bed after an hour and joined the others for Companionship study. That day, I was quite weak and had the achy body all day. I called our Mission doctor and she said that if they don't go away by the next day, you could have Dangue. Do you guys know what Dangue is? I don't know if they have it in the United States. Its carried by a certain type of day mosquito here in Brazil. It's a pretty serious thing here in Brazil and can kill you if not taken care of. Well, the next day, the pains were still there, so off we went to the hospital to go get tested for Dangue! To my luck, the way they test for it is a blood test.... Mom can testify to how freaked out I was during the blood test for my mission papers-- just imagine me here! We got to the hospital and had to wait in this stuffed waiting room for an hour. I was scared to death because the hospital seemed a bit run-down. I definiately wasn't too confident in this hospital. To add to that, I became terrified when the doctors wheeled out a person, wrapped in sheets, obviously dead, on a gerney and just placed him there in the waiting room with us! After a little they took him out and moved him to a random hallway. It was very strange. Finally, I was called in and I had to meet with two different doctors to talk about how I was feeling, symptoms, etc. Then more waiting.... Finally, after some time, I was called in to the blood test and was scared out of my mind! It went well though, and it was better than the first time. :) However, I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital until the results of the test came back. So off we went to wait for another hour and 30 minutes. They then called me in again to tell me that I was completely normal. If the pains continue, come back in three or four days. Well, the pains have basically stopped, and I found out it was just a virus that has been happening to some. So after all this, I am finally feeling a little more normal. :)
 
As for the work, things are going great. We are starting to really have improvement in our area. It has been a long process, but we are finally starting to see miracles happening. Me and Elder Cheshire were worried about the coming transfer (tomorrow), but turns out both of us are staying here-- he's on his fifth, and I am on my third here. This is really great because we will both be here to baptize a family we've been working hard with, and get some of our other investigators that are really close to baptism. Yesterday, we were introduced to a reference from the ward. She is so elect! She has already been reading the Book of Mormon, and is basically in love with the church! The reference was from a returned missionary that has been inactive, and now he is becoming more active in the church. So we have many many great things going on here, and I am very excited to see what this new transfer brings. We are now at the point where we both know all of our investigators very well, the members really well, and have the trust of the ward. Miracles are in the near future!
 
This work is absolutely amazing. I would not trade this experience for anything else. In no other work do you help people more, while learning more about the Gospel and about yourself all at the same time. Everyday I am learning something new-- Every minute something new! My testimony is growing ever stronger that we truly have a Loving Heavenly Father, and he truly has a perfect plan of happiness for each of us. As part of this plan, He sent his son, Jesus Christ, to suffer for each and every one of us. He paid the price so that we have the chance to return and live with Heavenly Father one day. How glorious will be that day! But, to have this gift, He asks that we live and pattern our lives as He lived. He asks that we have faith in Him, repent of our sins, and be baptized. Receive the Holy Ghost, and continue in righteousness until the end of our time here on Earth. As I am helping others know these amazing truths, I am engraving them on my heart, never to be forgotten. I hope all you at home can do the same. :)
 
Well, I better run. We have lots to do today! We have people in our house painting and remaking walls. Our house is basically falling apart, so it's good that we finally got people in to fix it. We were moving stuff around and some lizards popped out from being the cabinet! It was cool. :) Anyway, I love and miss you all tons, and hope all is well. Choose the right!
 
Com muito amor,
Èlder Steven Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment