Monday, June 9, 2014

When a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men (2 Nephi 33:1)‏

Hello hello!

So it looks like it finally warmed up there in Utah, eh? Mom said that everyone is going to the pool today and there will be a barbeque! That is nice. Here, it should be cold, but this week warmed up quite a bit... Bleh. I was liking the cold. It will be nice returning home just in time for a nice Logan winter. :) Oh, I will give a shout-out to little Kai who is turning one-year-old tomorrow! I cannot believe that one year has passed since he was born. I remember specifically the 10th of June of 2013. I will be thinking about him. :)

Well this week passed by very fast. I hope everything passed well in Utah. My week was filled with lots travelling, bus tickets, and meetings! However, it is all worth it just to hear the inspiring words of President and Sister Lima. They are truly the inspired and authorized servants of the Lord in this part of the world to lead forth the work of the Lord. Everything that they speak hits you with much power and enters your heart to the point that you cannot forget the words. We had a Counsel with all of the leaders of the mission. It was the last Counsel that President would give before his mission ends. He sure ended with power! He shared something very important that I will never forget. At times, we are so caught up in trying to improve and change the negative things that we don't even realize the good things that we are doing. There is always a part in the Counsel where we take account of our results for the month in our zone. All of us get up and talk about the difficulties and things that went wrong. We need to remember as well the good things that happened and the miracles that the Lord made through us [Habakuk (I am not sure how to spell it in English) Habakkuk 3:17-18].

I have been privileged to see many miracles happening here in Rio de Janeiro. I received word that Reinaldo and Aline, from Meier, are doing very well and have callings in the church now. Yesterday, Reinaldo received the Melquesedic (as well, I don't remember how to write in English) Melchizedek Priesthood. Also, Eva and Franco, a family that we were teaching, recently decided to get married in preparation for baptism. I really can't express the happiness that I feel to know that these people that I love so much are progressing in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have a strong testemunho testimony that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. I hope that you guys can be strengthening your own testimony in this as well. Study the scriptures, for they tell us what we need to do to have happiness in our lives. 

I am sorry that this email is a little short, but my time has ended. I also want to give a shout-out to my wonderful Dad. Father's Day is coming up here, and with this, I remember of how great my Dad is. He has helped in all things, and he is my hero. I hope that I can be as great and successful as he is. I learned from him how I need to raise my own family in the Gospel and how I can have a happy family. I am grateful for all that he has done for me, and even what he does for me. For this, I love my Dad! Love you Dad! Have a wonderful Father's Day!

Have a wonderful week!

Sincerely,
Elder Steven Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment